27th June – 7:00am until 5:00pm
Rimfire Rifle Match scheduled for Sunday May 30th is cancelled
It has been announced today by the provincial government that as of 12:01am Saturday May 22nd, outdoor recreational amenities, will be allowed to re-open.
We as an outdoor recreational amenity, will be allowed to reopen for business.
The private lock will be removed Friday night and the regular lock will be restored.
Even though we are open, we must still remember to maintain social distancing, masks are not required but if you feel like you want to wear one, please do so, our goal is to remain safe while we enjoy our club facilities.
On behalf of the board of directors, I would like to thank all of our members for your patience during our latest shutdown and welcome you all back, The trees are starting to bloom and the grass is starting to grow, and the ticks are out in force, so come out and enjoy.
- Fever and/or chills Temperature of 37.8 degrees Celsius/100 degrees Fahrenheit or higher
- Cough or barking cough (croup)Continuous, more than usual, making a whistling noise when breathing (not related to asthma, post-infectious reactive airways, COPD, or other known causes or conditions you already have)
- Shortness of breath Out of breath, unable to breathe deeply (not related to asthma or other known causes or conditions you already have)
- Sore throat Not related to seasonal allergies, acid reflux, or other known causes or conditions you already have
- Difficulty swallowing Painful swallowing (not related to other known causes or conditions you already have)
- Runny or stuffy/congested nose Not related to seasonal allergies, being outside in cold weather, or other known causes or conditions you already have
- Decrease or loss of taste or smell Not related to seasonal allergies, neurological disorders, or other known causes or conditions you already have
- Pink eye Conjunctivitis (not related to reoccurring styes or other known causes or conditions you already have)
- Headache Unusual, long-lasting (not related to tension-type headaches, chronic migraines, or other known causes or conditions you already have)
- Digestive issues like nausea/vomiting, diarrhea, stomach pain Not related to irritable bowel syndrome, menstrual cramps, or other known causes or conditions you already have
- Muscle aches Unusual, long-lasting (not related to a sudden injury, fibromyalgia, or other known causes or conditions you already have)
- Extreme tiredness Unusual, fatigue, lack of energy (not related to depression, insomnia, thyroid dysfunction, or other known causes or conditions you already have)
If you have any of the previous conditions and they are not regular, please do not attend.
We must protect each other.
If you chose to attend you MUST wear a face covering and maintain standard 2-meter social distancing
Thank you for your understanding on this matter
On behalf of the Lake of the Woods Gun Club
Welcome all members, new and older members alike, to another year with the Lake of the Woods Gun Club.
It was a good year, regardless of all the ever changing Covid-19 rules and restrictions, and thanks to all of you we made our club as good as it could possibly be.
I believe we may be in for some further restrictions this year so be safe and keep your distance and hopefully we can all get through this as painless as possible.
I would like to start with a couple of things your board of directors has been working on:
- Housekeeping: this is very important, if we can keep our club clean and tidy, it should help prevent accidents, i.e., pick up your brass and hulls, simple thing to do and no one will slip trip or fall on stuff left on the ground, make sure your trash hits the garbage can, no points for near misses in this case.
- The club has a zero-alcohol-drug policy, so please do not attend if you are under the influence of either drugs or alcohol. Safety is not a punchline at this club.
- Orientation: Mr. Phil Nick has done a marvelous job by donating his time and coming out and giving orientations to our new members, and I am sure it is a lot of information to assimilate, last year we had an influx of new members and at times, there seemed to be some confusion on club procedures, As I have mentioned before at any time there is something, you’re not sure of, feel free to call me or ask any other member for help, we are all in this together. The board is working on an orientation handout to be a quick reference to some questions on all the ranges. Read our safety and procedural documents on our webpage lwgc.ca, they are a good source to start improving safety and understanding/learning LWGC policies.
- Club information: We have worked toward keeping every member informed to what is going on at our club, our webpage at lwgc.ca has just a ton of information, as I just mentioned our safety policy, our club calendar that will show what is happening every day we are open. It shows events, regular shooting days, special shooting events and rentals so you will not come out and find you can’t shoot because of an event or regular shooting night.
- Donations/refuse policy: We as a club always appreciate when a member likes to donate something BUT just to be sure, talk to a member of the board, to see whether or not we can use the article you are offering. We do not want to have things we cannot use, when someone else could use.
We also must remember that all garbage that is generated at the club must be hauled away, so please keep your garbage at home and as for donations, please don’t leave anything without checking with the board.
- Guest policy: If a member brings a guest, that member is completely responsible for their guest(s). We would like new members to be a member for at least 6 months and have completed all orientations required before bringing a guest. This will help with policy requirements and club safety protocols.
- Covid-19: The board of directors of the Lake of the Woods Gun club closely follows the ongoing Covid-19 restrictions as put in place by our government. We will do our best to keep everyone informed of any changes that come about that effect our club.
I know this is getting a little long winded but, we are trying to keep everyone informed regarding the ongoing challenges your board are working with.
Archery: We do have a static archery range on the left side of the hill leading into the club. We still do not have someone interested in stepping up and taking responsibility for this range. I believe we could do more if someone wanted to put some skin in the game. If you have an interest just give me a call and we can try to get something started.
Pistol, if at any time the regular Pistol Range is busy, we do have a second range which is the Action Range located just before the regular Pistol Range on right side of the road.
The Action Range has 2 static shooting locations.
During the active season, the Action Range is occupied every second Saturday with IPSC shooters in the morning.
This year we have added Mr. Craig McTaggart as our new pistol chairman, can we all give him as much help in his new position as we can.
This spring we will be inspected by the CFO to ensure our compliance with all government standards, our range is looking in good shape so let try to keep it this way.
I hope you all have had a good start to your year, and I hope to see you out on the range.
So, in closing remember if you are shooting, there must be a sign(s) or flag displayed, and they must be closed when the shooting has ceased.
Please look to see if someone else is on the range before closing sign at gate.
I hope you all have an excellent year enjoying our club, stay safe stay healthy.
on behalf of the board of directors
Biathlon race December 20th from 0900-1200 and all ranges will be closed.
Lake of the Woods Gun Club Kenora Ont.
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that the Annual General Meeting of the Members of the Lake of the Woods Gun Club shall be held at 1:30 pm on Saturday November 21st, 2020 at the Kenora Legion Hall, upstairs for the transaction of business and ‘affairs.
Masks or face covering required.
Reports will be submitted to the Membership for approval.
Nominations will be accepted by the Secretary for: a minimum of 10 Directors, a Secretary and a Treasurer.
Contact Secretary Bill Wickham 5481141 – email@example.com
Dated the 2nd day of November 2020
On behalf of
LWGC Secretary Bill Wickham
Lake of the Woods Gun Club is a 100% volunteer run organization
Russell James Percy
September 29th, 1946 – October 17th, 2020
Russ was a long-time member of LWGC who served on the Board of Directors and held various positions in his support of our organization. On nice summer evenings he would sometimes arrive for meetings on his motorcycle. Russ was a Club Level Handgun Safety Instructor who used his teaching background to bring new people into the sport of shooting handguns. For several years Russ showed his artistic flare while organizing our annual Pig Roast fund raiser. Russ was an avid outdoorsman who spent much of his time on Lake of the Woods and he loved hunting. His name has been added to the Departed Members Plaque in the Main Club House as a reminder to us of his many contributions and how lucky we were to have him as a member. We will miss him.
The Lake of the Woods Gun Club membership application form for 2021 is now available on our website https://lwgc.ca/
Please note that dues are to be paid by December 31st, 2020. After that time there will be a $25.00 fee added for handling.
This fee is not applied to new memberships.
This year we are attempting an online only renewal. Complete the web form found at: https://lwgc.ca/ and complete payment online by credit card.
If you are absolutely unable to renew online, then let me know and I will arrange to have a form sent to you that you can print and mail.
Please take this opportunity to review the club rules found at: http://lwgc.ca
Membership cards will be printed the first week of January 2021, and available to all paid members when they pick up their 2021 gate key or regulations permitting at a coffee morning at the Clubhouse.
Please check our website regularly for upcoming events and other related news.
Lake of the Woods Gun Club is a 100% volunteer run organization
Help Jeff Schwartz Cancer Care Costs
Jeff is an active LWGC member and an avid shotgunner.
Would you be interested in supporting it too?
Even a small donation could help Ross Killbery reach their fundraising goal. And if you can’t make a donation, it would be great if you could share the fundraiser to help spread the word.
Thanks for taking a look !
On Behalf of the LWGC Board of Directors