NOTICE OF ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING OF MEMBERS
Lake of the Woods Gun Club Kenora Ont.
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that the Annual General Meeting of the Members of the Lake of the Woods Gun Club shall be held at 7 pm on October 13th, 2021 at the Rideout Community Hall 300 Mikado Avenue for the transaction of business and affairs.
Reports will be submitted to the Membership for approval. Nominations will be accepted by the Secretary for: a minimum of 10 Directors, a Secretary, and a Treasurer. Contact Secretary Bill Wickham 548 1141
On September 11 2021 the sun came out and we started our day with Beautiful sunshine.
18 shooters gathered to take part in our shotgun wind up, in honor of a mentor to many of us, Gord Dixon.
We started the morning by shooting sporting clays, which Jeff Favreau scored the highest among the shooters, taking the prize for that discipline. After sporting we gathered for a nice lunch and we were lucky to be joined by Mrs. Leslie Dixon.
In the afternoon, we started by shooting both trap singles and trap doubles, simultaneously.
When the shooting was done, Larry Perkins from Dryden got high score in trap singles, and Dave Robertson got high score for trap doubles.
We also Have a prize for high overall if you participate in all 3 disciplines Which Dave Robertson also got high score in.
I would like to thank all the shooters for participating especially the shooters from Dryden and Vermilion Bay. A big Thank You to colleen Coker for scoring all the trap singles. The local shooters tried to get the shotgun chairman all choked up by Presenting a group signed card and gift certificates
Hope to see you all next year for more fun
Thank you all
It is with great sadness that I inform you of the passing of fellow member Jeff Schwartz. Jeff was born January 09 1970 and passed August 11 of this year. He was 51. Not long ago we reached out to the members with a go fund me for Jeff to help with his battle with cancer, which many of you gave very unselfishly.
Jeff fought a long hard battle, but never gave up, he even came out to shoot with his shotgun pals when his strength was with him. Jeff was not a long time club member but has been involved in the shooting and hunting sports his whole life. Jeff made coming to the club fun, he kept fellow shooters entertained with a staunch political view, a sharp quip or a snappy saying. There was never a dull moment with Jeff around and for that we will always remember you.
Rest peaceful brother. You will be missed by the club and your shotgun family.
Steve Zabloski – Shotgun Chairman
Range #3 the main Pistol Range is closed on short notice Friday August 6th and Saturday August 7th due to contractors lifting and leveling the Pistol Club House.
Action Range #5 may be used if needed.
Sorry for the inconvenience.
Thanks for your understanding.
Range Operator LWGC
Please be advised that all LWGC ranges will be closed today and tomorrow ( Tuesday 27th & Wednesday 28th) for pre range inspection work.
Dwayne Cry – Range Chairman
Please note that all ranges will be closed for the day, Wednesday August 4th due to the bi-annual CFO Range Inspection.
27th June – 7:00am until 5:00pm
Rimfire Rifle Match scheduled for Sunday May 30th is cancelled
It has been announced today by the provincial government that as of 12:01am Saturday May 22nd, outdoor recreational amenities, will be allowed to re-open.
We as an outdoor recreational amenity, will be allowed to reopen for business.
The private lock will be removed Friday night and the regular lock will be restored.
Even though we are open, we must still remember to maintain social distancing, masks are not required but if you feel like you want to wear one, please do so, our goal is to remain safe while we enjoy our club facilities.
On behalf of the board of directors, I would like to thank all of our members for your patience during our latest shutdown and welcome you all back, The trees are starting to bloom and the grass is starting to grow, and the ticks are out in force, so come out and enjoy.
- Fever and/or chills Temperature of 37.8 degrees Celsius/100 degrees Fahrenheit or higher
- Cough or barking cough (croup)Continuous, more than usual, making a whistling noise when breathing (not related to asthma, post-infectious reactive airways, COPD, or other known causes or conditions you already have)
- Shortness of breath Out of breath, unable to breathe deeply (not related to asthma or other known causes or conditions you already have)
- Sore throat Not related to seasonal allergies, acid reflux, or other known causes or conditions you already have
- Difficulty swallowing Painful swallowing (not related to other known causes or conditions you already have)
- Runny or stuffy/congested nose Not related to seasonal allergies, being outside in cold weather, or other known causes or conditions you already have
- Decrease or loss of taste or smell Not related to seasonal allergies, neurological disorders, or other known causes or conditions you already have
- Pink eye Conjunctivitis (not related to reoccurring styes or other known causes or conditions you already have)
- Headache Unusual, long-lasting (not related to tension-type headaches, chronic migraines, or other known causes or conditions you already have)
- Digestive issues like nausea/vomiting, diarrhea, stomach pain Not related to irritable bowel syndrome, menstrual cramps, or other known causes or conditions you already have
- Muscle aches Unusual, long-lasting (not related to a sudden injury, fibromyalgia, or other known causes or conditions you already have)
- Extreme tiredness Unusual, fatigue, lack of energy (not related to depression, insomnia, thyroid dysfunction, or other known causes or conditions you already have)
If you have any of the previous conditions and they are not regular, please do not attend.
We must protect each other.
If you chose to attend you MUST wear a face covering and maintain standard 2-meter social distancing
Thank you for your understanding on this matter
On behalf of the Lake of the Woods Gun Club